Fosil 2020

Bodega Zuccardi

Fosil 2020

exotisch & aromatisch
voll & rund
mineralisch
96–97
100
2
Chardonnay 100%
5
weiß
13,5% Vol.
Trinkreife: 2022–2038
Verpackt in: 6er
3
Lobenberg: 96–97/100
Suckling: 95/100
Tim Atkin: 95/100
Galloni: 95/100
6
Argentinien, Mendoza
7
Allergene: Sulfite, Abfüllerinformation
lobenberg

Heiner Lobenberg über:
Fosil 2020

96–97
/100

Lobenberg: Die Trauben für Zuccardis weißen Fósil wachsen in San Pablo, Mendoza, auf 1400 Metern über dem Meeresspiegel und nur etwa 300 Meter von der immens hohen und mächtigen Cordillera Bergkette entfernt. Die faszinierenden Extreme seiner Herkunft schmeckt man ganz klar in diesem kristallklaren, puristischen Wein. In diesen Höhenlagen gibt es nur wenig Regen, und wir haben hier natürlich auch ein echtes cool Climate, die Reben werden herausgefordert all ihre Energie in ihre Trauben zu stecken. Das Resultat ist einfach nur atemberaubend. Der Weinberg steht auf kalkreichem Boden der mit Schwemmsand und Lehm durchzogen ist. An der Oberfläche ist auch viel Geröll das ursprünglich vom Las Tunas Fluss herangetragen wurde. Die Trauben werden für den Fósil direkt abgepresst, spontan vergoren und dann zu 70 Prozent in Beton, und der Rest in gebrauchten französischen 500 Liter Eichenfässern ausgebaut. Brilliantes Zitronengelb im Glas. An der Nase ist er fast elektrisierend, mit einer laserscharfen Präzision. Zitrone, gelber und knackig grüner Granny Smith Apfel. Im Mund läuft einem das Wasser geradezu zusammen von der salzigen Mineralität. Frischer Pfirsich, dezent florale Noten und ein Hauch frisches Brioche und Schießpulver. Dieser Chardonnay hat Mineralität bis zum Abwinken und ist dabei noch so wunderbar trinkanimierend. 96-97/100

95
/100

Suckling über: Fosil

-- Suckling: Suckling zu 2019: This mostly concrete-produced chardonnay shows freshness and complexity with dried apple, stone and lemon rind. Honeysuckle, too. Lovely creaminess. Undertone of salt. No malo. Tangy and intense. One for the cellar. Drink now or hold. 95/100

95
/100

Tim Atkin über: Fosil

-- Tim Atkin: Zuccardi’s brilliant Chardonnay comes from three different soil types in San Pablo and is typical of the fresh, tangy style of the bodega’s top whites. Fermented in concrete and 30% older barrels, it’s salty, focused and mouth-watering, like an Argentinian Chablis. Superb winemaking. 2022-28 95/100

95
/100

Galloni über: Fosil

-- Galloni: The 2020 Chardonnay Zuccardi Fosil comes from San Pablo, Uco Valley and was harvested across four sectors, each with a different soil type, before being mostly fermented in concrete, except for one-third that went into 500-liter used barrels. Light yellow with green flecks in the glass. The complex, detailed nose presents green apple, hazelnut, herbs, lees, lemon zest, ginger and a whiff of gunpowder. In the mouth the flavors are intense with a creamy texture that stays nimble thanks to the good malic acidity. The compact, saline palate throws up an entirely new flavor profile at the end that lingers at length, but once it’s gone, all that’s left is a dry sensation. Not as compact as other vintages; the year has brought greater clarity to the aromas and flavors. 95/100

Weingut über: Fosil

-- Weingut: Fósil is a white mountain wine. It comes from our vineyard in the Estancia Place within the IG San Pablo, at 1400 meters of elevation, and only 300 meters away from the Cordillera. The immensity of the mountain range and its proximity makes everything that surrounds it extreme: its climate, its landscape, its identity. Fósil is a place wine. Born from the unrepeatable combination of cold weather, calcareous soils, and Andean breezes from one of the highest areas of the Uco Valley.Soils moriginated in the alluvial fan of the Las Tunas river, on its right bank. Normally sandy loam, of medium depth - between 80 and 120 cm - below from which a layer of medium gravel appears covered with calcium carbonate. 2020 was an exceptional harvest, fresh and dry. With tempratures that fell below of the average and a great thermal amplitude. The weather conditions gave us very good natural acidity, excellent fruit and nothing overripe.Direct pressing. Fermentation with native yeasts. 70% of the wine fermented and made its aging in concrete vessels. The remaining 30% was fermented and aged in used French oak barrels from 500 liters unroasted. Without malolactoc fermentation.

Mein Winzer

Bodega Zuccardi

Familie Zuccardi gehört zu den wichtigsten Weinbau-Dynastien des amerikanischen Kontinents. Zwei Weingüter, eine Essig- und Öl-Manufaktur, sowie ein Restaurant gehören zur Gruppe. Die Bodega Zuccardi Valle de Uco liegt in den Hochlagen am Fuß der argentinischen Anden und gehört allein...